In the academic year 2019-2020 Heathfield Primary school received £19,880 in Sports Premium funding provided by the government. Sports Premium funding has now been extended and the Government have committed to funding Primary PE and Sport Premium to 2021.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that the premium should be used to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that school already offers
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Funding can be used to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, breakfast and lunchtime clubs.
- Run sport competitions
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools
The government’s vision is that all pupils leaving primary school are physically literate with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.