The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish specific and measurable equality objectives. Our equality objectives are based on our analysis of data and other information. Our equality objectives focus on those areas where we have agreed to take action to improve equality and tackle disadvantages. We will regularly review the progress we are making to meet our equality objectives.
Our Equality Objectives are:
- To narrow the gap in attainment in writing between boys’ and girls’ and pupils from low income/non low income families.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To narrow the gap in attendance for pupils with protected characteristics by fostering good relationships with parents and carers and seeking to understand the barriers to good attendance.
- To increase the membership of potentially vulnerable pupils, and those with protected characteristics, in clubs, activities and roles of responsibility.
- To ensure that the staff and Academy Committee are aware of current legislation surrounding Equality, Diversity and Disability and their responsibilities.
You can download our Equality Action Plan below.